We just finished our "white house" and moved in September 2010. It is a "raised" rambler (we have a high water table out here). It was also completely white on the inside when we moved in, we are definitely adding some color as we transform the inside into a home. Over time the outside will get some transforming as well but it will always stay white!
(in need of transforming)
Paint - Benjamin Moore's "ozark shadows"
but I had it lightened about 50%
Living Room Paint - Restoration Hardwares "slate"
Paint color - Benjamin Moore "ozark shadows". Lights over island from Home Depot ($35). Hardwood floors by Ark, the French Collection, color "Maple Kahlua." We were really excited to find this flooring - it is a good classic look/color at a great price. I was nervous about dark floors and the upkeep that might be involved but I have been pleasantly surprised - I am still only mopping about once a month (if that!).
We love how good our "cheap" countertops look - people are always surprised to find out they are laminate - they have a very fun look and texture to them. See them at - Wilsonart laminate, Eastern Accents, color "Asian night." On the right the decorative fork is from Hobby Lobby ($10 - half off).
We had the builders build a drywall soffit above all the cabinetry, we will add molding to it soon so that it gives the effect that the cabinetry continues all the way to the ceiling.
on the opposite end of the kitchen is the Dining Room
Curtains from Target. Curtain rod from Target (I hooked two large ones together to make one long rod).
When we built the house I asked the builder to wire two lights over the dining table so that I can have two chandeliers someday (got the idea from Restoration Hardware's catalog)
On the other end of the house are the Bedrooms
Ikea. They weren't long enough so I sewed additional fabric to them.
Paint - I originally started with Benjamin Moore's "Nickel" but had it darkened so it is between "Nickel" and "Silver Streak." Mirror from Pottery barn. Towels from Target. "Hot" Faucet hook I found at DI, I attached a ribbon loop so it could hold a hand towel. Large silver towel hook on wall from Target. Tile floor is "Octagon and dot" by Daltile and can be found at Home Depot. Countertops- laminate "steel mesh" from Wilsonart.
Powder Bath & Laundry Room
The roller blind in the Laundry room is from Ikea. I have this same roller blind in my kitchen and am very happy with them, especially the price! I was very nervous because you have to cut them yourself to fit the exact size of your window but it was actually very easy. To cut it we rolled it out onto our kitchen island then placed a yardstick on the cutting line and ran a razor blade down it. The powder bath has fake marble Tile on the floor from Daltile - "Carrera star." I had the 12x12 square tiles cut in half so that they became 6x12's and could be laid in a brick pattern.
Target and I sewed additional black fabric on them to make them long enough. For more information on the rest of the items in my bedroom go to the tab marked "Tour of our Previous Home."
paint color - "Lace Falls" from Kwal. Lights from Restoration Hardware. Mirrors from Pottery Barn. Hand Towel hooks from Hobby Lobby - I added a ribbon loop to hang the towel from. Tile floor is a cheeper knockoff of Daltile's "fabrique" line - it is made by Emser Tile and is called "Strands." the color I have is "olive." I love all the different colors they offer in this tile. It is a 12x24 tile and laid in a brick pattern. Cabinet Hardware from Lowes.
This is the only portion of the basement that is currently finished. The rug is from bukoos (it can also be found at Restoration Hardware for a lot more!). The beautiful one-of-a-kind entertainment center was the first piece of furniture ever built by my very talented husband, Matt. We were thrilled when a professional (our very talented and kind uncle, Dave MacFee) helped us with the staining. I insisted that it come with us in the move so it had to be cut apart with a saw! When it came back together so easily in our new house I was very glad I had insisted on bringing it! Some wood putty and stain covered up the saw cuts very nicely.
*UPDATE: To see the rest of the downstairs that we recently finished refer to this post!